Glorious Rugby is a fan-powered site. As such we are always looking for new writers to join the team! If you have knowledge, opinions, or analysis you want to share with the Old Glory fan community, sign up to write!
To apply, send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- A couple sentences explaining your connection to and experience with rugby
- Links to writing samples or prior writing experience. Don’t worry if you don’t have writing samples, they aren’t required, just appreciated.
- What you are interested in writing about, either something from the list below or your own topic.
All position at Glorious Rugby are volunteer positions with no expectation of payment or reimbursement of any kind. This is, after all, a start-up news site for a start-up team in start-up league.
This is not a comprehensive list of the possible writing roles. If you have something in mind not listed here please feel free to pitch it. When applying, feel free to apply for multiple roles.
- Writes weekly previews for the upcoming game, with key date/time/location information, starting lineups, TV channel/streaming options, and some analysis about what to expect.
- Needs to write a recap of each game with an description of the flow and key moments of the game followed by analysis of how the team looked and some key takeaways.
Film Room/Coach’s Corner Analyzer
- Every now and then writes an in-depth column breaking down specific nuances of a game accompanied by GIFs. This role should be occupied by someone with significant experience with the game.
- Follows the announcements of the off-season and writes articles as needed breaking down the transfers and how they impact the team.
- Has the initiative to go out and get quotes from players and coaches, set up interviews, and get the personal stories of people involved with the team.